Friday, June 4, 2021

I'm (not) against the Eighties

 














A tour de force of retro-graphic design


7/10/2021 update: also this wittily styled and slogan advert 


and also this well-done promo video for the single




"I asked myself, ‘What music makes me feel like everything’s going to be OK?’ ” he said. “And it’s the music I listened to growing up in the ‘80s. There’s a security-blanket aspect about that sound that reminds me of a safer time” - JM

I have very little sense of what John Mayer sounds like  - but I thought he already sounded like in the vicinity of '80s AOR?

This lot got a lot of plaudits for their Dire Straits-y sound a few years ago. 


Actually it wasn't a "few years ago", it was 7 years ago - weird how time flies, or rather recent history gets mushy, chronology crumples into the endless digi-now....

File under 'running out of past - or at least the good bits of the past'. 












No comments: