the short version
1. Vinyl and Digital Album Sales Increased. Vinyl went up by 14.2 per cent.
2. This Year's Only Million-Selling Album Came Out Last Year. .ie. Adele's 21 . And it's retro-soul.
3. The Top Three Non-Adele Albums Were By Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, and a Boy Band. LR's Tuskegee sold nearly a million.
4. The Best-Selling Vinyl Album Was the Vinyliest of the Vinyl. i.e Jack White's Blunderbuss, followed closely by Black Keys's El Camino.
5. The Most-Streamed Digital Song Was the Viralest of the Viral. Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" -- I don't get why this is a sign of retromania, to be honest.